All positions are now closed!
GRAPES offers 15 Early-Stage-Researcher (ESR) positions which allow the researcher to work towards a PhD. The ESRs will be recruited within 2020 for a duration of 36 months. Every ESR will work on an independent research project which will be flexible enough to match the competence and goals of the student.
Eligible candidates should satisfy the following:
- Trans-national mobility: The applicant should not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country where the research training takes place for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment. For refugees under the Geneva Convention, the refugee procedure (i.e. before refugee status is conferred) will not be counted as ‘period of residence/activity in the country of the beneficiary’.
- Be at the date of recruitment an ‘Early Stage Researcher (ESR)’, i.e. have less than 4 years of a research career, and not have a doctoral degree. The 4 years are measured from the date when they obtained the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a PhD.
- Have — at the date of recruitment — a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering (or any equivalent diploma allowing him or her to embark on a doctorate).
- Be able to communicate fluently in English (speaking and writing). An oral interview with the prospective advisor may be required.
Applications will be managed through Easychair.
By submitting their application to Easychair, the applicants agree that their personal data are liable to be collected, processed and retained in accordance to Article 18 of the EC Grant Agreement and for the sole purpose of to apply to the doctoral position. The data submitted at Easychair are used only by the members of the GRAPES Consortium (including the Commission Services).
You must submit a single pdf document containing:
- a detailed CV including education, work experience, skills, dissertations, research interests, career objectives,and a list of publications if any;
- a letter of motivation regarding the GRAPES network and the position(s);
- a transcript of the master studies’ grades (including the overall grade and an explanation of the grading system) and the master’s thesis if available;
- the eligibility form properly filled
- the name and contact details of two senior persons, which may include the supervisor of the master final project, willing to provide confidential letters of recommendation upon request.
While navigating Easychair you will have to fill the following fields:
TITLE: you should put here your full name, last name first,
KEYWORDS: list here which ESR positions you are applying for in order of preference (first the most important, and so on, at least one, at most five). For example: ESR1, ESR4, ESR8,
TOPICS: choose all the ESR positions that you are interested in (at least one, at most five), see below for the list of ESR positions.
The review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. The ideal starting date is by September 2020, but any starting date after January 2020 is possible.
Questions and informal inquiries may be addressed at: grapes AT athena-innovation.gr
The recruitment procedure is centralised. For each ESR position (ESR1–ESR15) the following steps apply:
- Application by a candidate and administrative check of eligibility rules (see above).
- Discussions and selection by the thesis advisor – Completion of the Career Development Plan after discussion and in agreement with the parties hosting the secondments.
- Validation by the Educational Committee of the eligibility of the candidate and certification that the selection procedure agrees with the EC directions and regulations; registration at the local PhD program.
- Recruitment by the local beneficiary.
- Completion of the Researcher Declaration within 20 days from the starting date of the contract. You can find instructions here.
When (3) is done, the position must be closed until (4) is confirmed. If (4) is not confirmed, then the process restarts.